The EGG 150 Monitoring System is one of the most advanced monitoring systems available on the market. Combining its unique design with premium-grade components results in one of the most versatile and comprehensive monitoring units out there. The system is comprised of two EGG loudspeaker monitors, and a freestanding, custom-designed amplifier control unit.
The amplifier unit houses all of the electronics for the speakers, allowing to them to maintain their Egg like shape. The EGG speakers are constructed from a rigid, resonant neutral monocoque shell, featuring a 150mm LF driver and a 25mm HF tweeter.
Unique egg-shaped design delivers optimised acoustics
The unique, curved design of the speakers help to virtually eliminate diffraction and resonance effects, resulting in the smoothest frequency response possible. The contoured design allows for axis tilting either forward or back without obstructing the base and cables ports. The speakers are cradles in custom-designed nests. These curved stands help when it comes to aligning the speaker, allowing you to tilt them back and forth with ease. The nests are comprised of rubber, as used in shock mounts and isolation pads for optimal audio performance.
High-end audio fidelity and performance
With its unique design and high-grade components, the EGG 150 Monitoring System ensures optimal audio fidelity and performance. The smooth, extended frequency response ensures you capture every nuance from your source audio, making it ideal for mixing and mastering applications. The monitoring system also features dual input switching and level control, as well as precision trim bots for LF and HF calibration.
Free standing amplifier unit
At the heart of the speakers is the custom-designed, free-standing amplifier unit. This unit contains all the electronics for the speakers, ensuring they maintain their egg-shape for minimal diffraction and resonance. The amplifier provides bi-amplifier power to match the EGG drive units. It also includes a Class A headphone amplifier for private monitoring.
An Aux connection is included for external media players, ideal for reference listening. It also comes equipped with LF and HF trim pots on each channel for catering to your listening environment. The front-panel also boasts a mid-control to emulate the mid-range response of HiFi type speakers.
Contemporary design with versatile connectivity
The premium-grade design of both the speakers and amplifier unit use the high quality components to achieve unparalleled audio performance. The amplifier features both balanced XLR and an AUX input. Also included is balanced outputs and a switch located on the back for powering the LEDs.
The integrated LEDs are located just above the tweeters on the speakers and help with speaker alignment. This allows you to find the perfect sweet spot when adjusting your listening position. The sleek and robust design ensures the monitoring system will stand the test of time with minimal speaker fatigue.
- Unique monocoque shell construction (rigid and resonant neutral)
- Near zero diffraction interference (smooth frequency response)
- No internal standing waves (greatly reduced smearing)
- Perfect bass port integration (superb transient response)
- Free standing control unit and integrated amplification with 3m matched speaker cables
- Dual input switching and level control
- Ultra-fast and low distortion (4*50W) with 100W/Channel headroom indicator
- Precise ‘sweet spot’ – unique LED locator guide beams
- Integrated base with adjustable vertical alignment (allows for perfect sweet spot in both vertical and horizontal planes)
- Precision trim pots for bass (LF) and High Frequency (HF) calibration
- Critical Mid Frequency equalisation for ‘Hard’, ‘Soft’ or ‘Reference’ (0) listening
- Frequency Response: 45Hz – 20kHz (-3dB points)
- Low Frequency Room Calibration: +0/-10dB at 63 Hz continuously variable
- High Frequency Calibration: +1/-5dB at 10kHz continuously variable
- Mid Frequency Adjustment: +/- 1.5dB at 2kHz centre frequency
- Speaker Effective Internal Volume: 14 litres
- Design:HF Unit Sensitivity: 95dB SPL for 1W at 1m
- LF Unit Sensitivity: 89dB for 1W at 1m
- Overall Sensitivity: 118dB peak SPL at 1khz both channels drive
- Input Sensitivity: Main +4/-10 dBu, Aux -10dBu
- Product Code: MUS-EGG150-MB